Petition to Cancel SW6 Traffic Scheme

Mr Hands local Conservative MP has recently launched a petition calling on the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham to cancel its SW6 traffic scheme. If you have not already done so and would like to sign the petition, this can be done by clicking the button below.
Sign Petition

SW6 traffic reduction scheme

To make our roads safer, more pleasant and to reduce air pollution, we’re creating ‘Low Traffic Neighbourhoods’ in many residential streets by restricting non-local traffic from passing through selected roads.

The controlled areas will be monitored by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras which will check whether a vehicle using that road has an access permit.

The scheme went live on Monday 20 July.

H&F residents who hold an H&F parking permit and H&F residents whose vehicle is registered to their H&F home address will automatically be granted a borough access permit.

This permit allows you to pass through any restricted access points to roads in the borough.

Vehicles registered to an H&F address will be added to a permitted list, exempt from the restrictions and the registered keeper of the vehicles will not be sent a fine.

If a vehicle is not exempt from the restrictions, the registered keeper of the vehicle will be sent a fine.

This permit is only to gain access to restricted roads in the borough. Only residents or businesses who hold a valid parking permit for each restricted road, or who pay the appropriate parking charge, are entitled to park on the street in these roads. Find out about parking permits

The permit is virtual and you do not need to display anything in your car.

SW6 Low Traffic Neighbourhood restricted roads

  • Harwood Terrace - westbound
  • Bagley’s Lane between Cresford Road and Harwood Terrace (access permitted for deliveries to properties on restricted street)
  • Broughton Road between Langford Road and Broughton Road Approach (access permitted for deliveries to properties on restricted street)
  • Hazelbury Road at the junction with Cranbury Road
  • Imperial Road between Fulmead Street and Emden Street
There are no restrictions on Carnwath Road and no changes to the access to Broomhouse Lane which has an existing width restriction gate at just North of Daisy lane. Signs appear at these junctions and others to warn drivers that they are entering an area with some restricted roads east of Wandsworth Bridge Road.

<figure class="attachment attachment-preview" data-trix-attachment="{"contentType":"image","height":1273,"url":"","width":900}" data-trix-content-type="image"><figcaption class="caption"></figcaption></figure>Maps

Who needs to apply?

To make the change as painless as possible for residents, we’re issuing borough access permits to all residents who are automatically eligible.

You will be automatically issued a permit if:

  • Your vehicle has a valid H&F parking permit (for any zone)
  • You are a resident without a parking permit and your vehicle is registered to your H&F home
Some residents must apply before passing through a restricted road:

  • If your vehicle is not registered to your H&F home, such as a company car or lease / hire car. 
  • You have just moved to the borough and are awaiting new vehicle keeper details to show your vehicle is registered in borough.
  • If you have temporary residency, or lodging in H&F
  • You are a resident in H&F and your vehicle is registered in another country.
How do I get a borough access permit?

You can apply online

Apply for vehicle access to restricted roads

Visitors to your property

If you have visitors or trades people that need to pass through a restriction you will have to book a visitor permit using the visitor permits scheme. 
This applies to:

  • visitors who park on street during parking control hours (payment required)
  • visitors who park on street outside of parking control hours (free of charge)
  • visitors who park off street on private land (free of charge)
  • visitors on a motorcycle who park on or off street anytime of the day (free of charge)
You may book your visitor permit session in advance (if you know the vehicle number plate) or, before midnight on the day that your visitor(s) or trades people pass through the restricted street. Find out about the visitor permit scheme 

Tell us how this experimental scheme is affecting you

You can tell us what you think of this scheme on our SW6 traffic reduction scheme consultation site.

Frequently asked questions

Please see Frequently asked questions for further information.