K.C. Estate Management will proactively provide all residents with the information they need to help them understand the protections that are in place to keep their building safe. We will ensure that the information provided is sufficient, relevant and in a format that can be understood by residents. As a standard practice we will provide:
• The measures we have in place to mitigate potential fire and building safety risks to residents,
e.g. fire precautions;
• Information for residents detailing how they can reduce the risk of fire in individual dwellings
e.g. by not storing flammable materials;
• A process for reporting a fire risk and/or raising any other safety concerns;
• Procedures to follow where a fire occurs in the building, including for evacuation;
• The different roles and responsibilities of the accountable person, Building Safety Manager
• Key information such as the contact details of the accountable person and Building Safety
Residents will also be entitled to obtain further and more detailed information about the safety measures in their building if they wish and such information may include (but is not limited to):
• Full, current and historical fire risk assessments;
• Planned maintenance and repairs schedules;
• Outcome of building safety inspection checks;
• How assets in the building are managed, e.g. frequency of lift maintenance;
• Details of preventive measures, e.g. smoke alarms;
• Fire protection measures in place, e.g. sprinklers, fire extinguishers;
• Information on the maintenance of fire safety systems;
• The fire strategy for the building;
• Structural assessments;
We will implement a process for dealing with requests for information. We will aim to provide residents with the documents they request within 5 working days.
How safety information should be provided at the start of a new tenancy.
At the start of every tenancy, we will provide a fire action notice within the sign-up pack. Within 1 week of a new tenancy starting, we will contact residents to share building safety and will answer any queries they may have at that point.